Sunday 10 April 2011

Louise Nelson is Glass Daft

With our first fair of the year only a couple of weeks away, I thought it was about time you got to see some of the beautiful handmade and handcrafted goods that Acorn fairs display. Today, I want to show you some of Louise Nelson's stunning glass work.
Photobucket

Who are you and what is your craft?

I'm Louise Nelson and my craft is glass, specifically lampwork and copperfoil stained glass with infused glass and copper wire structures.

How did you get into your craft?
1995 I took a part time job at a stained glass studio and from that moment I was hooked on glass, previously my work was solely textiles with strong emphasis on embroidery but my first child was born in 1994 and it proved impossible to continue this work.

What do you like about ACORN craft fairs?

Acorn is a local craft group and it has a lovely venue to exhibit crafters work at.

Photobucket


Tell us more about yourself

I am a maker as well as an artist, and making is essential to my being. Glass has captivated most of my waking thoughts as it is so versatile and for ever changing. I think what I enjoy most is that I will never get to the end of this craft and it is a pleasure to go into my studio and experiment with a host of never ending techniques.

Photobucket

As well as ACORN fairs, where else can we find your work?

My website is http://www.louisenelson.co.uk and my work can also be found for sale at the Initiative Shop in West Kilbride. My flickr is http://www.flickr.com/photos/louisenelson

Thank you to Louise for sharing her work and background with us.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely to see Louise's gorgeous work is first on the blog. I think I might have to add to my collection soon. Keep up the good work everyone and hope to see you all at your first craft fair of the year.

    ReplyDelete